Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Maaaamamamaaaaaama day!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln

Today is my first Mothers day. I feel as though I should be the one honoring Sweet Cheeks instead of the other way around. I know he isn't aware that today is Mother's day but I did get some special slobbery kisses (with some biting) Soon enough he will know. To him, I am "Maaaammamammaaaaaamama". I am looking forward to many macaroni necklaces and finger painted pictures in the years to come!
____________________________________________________________________________

Sweet Cheeks,
THANK YOU for being such a fantastic, sweet boy. Given the choice, knowing then what I know now, I would have chosen you to be my baby with no regrets. It is the blessing and honor of my life. There are no limits to my love for you. I enjoy being your Mamaaaamama so much more than I ever could have anticipated. I am so lucky to get to spend my first Mothers Day with my first baby.
____________________________________________________________________________

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan


The worst feature of a new baby is its mother's singing. - Kin Hubbard
 

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren
 
One of the very few reasons I had any respect for my mother when I was thirteen was because she would reach into the sink with her bare hands - bare hands - and pick up that lethal gunk and drop it into the garbage. To top that, I saw her reach into the wet garbage bag and fish around in there looking for a lost teaspoon. Bare hands - a kind of mad courage. ~Robert Fulghum


Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey

2 comments: