Monday, November 9, 2009

I do have a "crunchy" side!

I do have a "crunchy" side. But, it's usually hidden beneath my love for over-priced plastic baby items & disposible diapers.

Yesterday, I began making baby food! So far, I have spent $7 and made around 200 baby food "cubes". (The pureed food is frozen in ice cube trays) Each cube = 1oz. A 4-6 month old baby will eat apx. 2-4oz of baby food per day. That means if sweet cheeks eats 4 oz of food every day, we will have enough food for 50 days. Not only is this a much healthier option, it's also much cheaper!

We have decided to do a modified feeding schedule. The one we chose introduces a few foods at 4-6 months, and then a bunch of new foods for 6-8 months.

Here's our list:

4-6 Months:

CEREALS - Rice, Barley, Oatmeal
FRUITS - Apple, Banana, Pear
VEGGIE - Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato, Green Beans
PROTEIN/DAIRY - None.

Since I forgot to take pictures, here are a couple from the web for those who are curious.


No comments:

Post a Comment