Saturday, October 31, 2009

How about a little survey?



1. Were you married at the time?
Yes

2. What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant?
Shock. Fear. Elation. Mr B and I had been trying to have a baby for a year and a half or so before I saw those magical 2 pink lines, so at first I did not believe it. I was sick at the time, and Mr B suggested I take a test before taking any medicine since "I was late". Yeah, I know... A week and a half late & 3 pregnancy tests later...Basically, I just needed to be slapped in the face with it.

3. How old were you?
24.

4. How did you find out you were pregnant?
I peed on a stick Nov 2008, And had it confirmed at Planned Parenthood a few days later.

5. Who did you tell first?
Mr B. He was sitting in the next room. I walked in crying & shaking. I couldn't catch my breath so I just handed him the test.

6. Did you want to find out the sex?
Yes! Unfortch, that didn't work in our favor. We were told "Girl - 95% sure!!" in February, and then "Boy - 100% sure!!" In May.

7. Due date?

Either July 8Th or the 17Th depending on which ultrasound you go by.

8. Did you deliver early or late?
Late!

9. Did you have morning sickness?
Yes. I got out of the house a total of 4 times in December. That's it. I threw up all day every day. I was finally put on medicine to keep the nausea at bay - It worked "fair". I was still sick with the meds.

10. What did you crave?

Everything. My favorites were bacon & mustard sandwiches, cereal, banana peppers & slushees (Coke flavored from Kum & go). (Not all together!)

11. What irritated you the most?
When people would say either "You're so BIG!!!" (Uhm, yes. I feel like a whale. Thank you.) Or, "Sleep while you can". (Sure, I'll bank my sleep and cash it in when I need it. Thank you.)

12. What was your first child’s sex?

Boy!

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy?
Oh, dear. Almost 50. Five. Zero.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
Just swelling & water retention.

15. Where did you give birth?
SJ Hospital

16. How many hours were you in labor?
22+

17. Who drove you to the hospital?
Mr B. I was induced, so we knew the day & time.

18 . Did you take medicine to ease the pain?
I had an epidural when I got to 4-5 cm. It was HEAVEN.

19 . How much did your child weigh?
9 lbs, 4 oz

20 . What did you name him/her?
Sweet cheeks :)

21 . How old is your first born today?
3 months

22. Who does your child look like?
It depends on the day. He's a good mix of both of us.

23. Did you get mad at your husband during labor?
No, he was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment