Tuesday, April 12, 2011

So, was it planned?

So, was it planned?

You know, the two small children less than a year and a half apart.

I get asked this question a lot. I guess most people assumed that only crazy people plan their children less than half a year apart. The crazy thing might actually be true, all things considered. Some days are so hectic I feel like I might be starting to go crazy, or gray, or both.

Nonetheless... The answer I always give is "Yes. He was."

The truth behind the answer is this... No, my husband and I did not plan to get pregnant when our oldest was 8 months old. No, we did not plan to live our lives in this chaotic state for several years to come. Yes, he was planned. By God. By someone higher than ourselves. We truly believe that.

Yes, he was planned. No, not by us.

I love and adore both of my sweet boys and I cannot imagine life without them. Some days are hard. Most days are busy. Every day is filled with love.

No, we didn't plan this.

But, aren't the most amazing things in life often unplanned?

2 comments:

  1. That is such a great response to that silly question! :) Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete