Friday, February 25, 2011

Do you feel this way too?

Sometimes I feel like I've lost myself. I get caught up in the day-to-day and I forget who I am. I forget who I used to be. I forget about the things I used to enjoy.

Sometimes I feel like I am in over my head. I feel like having 2 small children is overwhelming. I feel like I struggle some days.

Sometimes I need a break. I need 15 minutes to run to Starbucks. But then I realize it will take 20 minutes to get the kids ready to leave and it's almost lunch time/nap time/bath time and it's not possible.

Sometimes when I look into the mirror I see a glimpse of who I used to be and I miss her. But, I am going to get back to "me". The me I lost when I became "Mommy".

Sometimes I miss my Grandpa so much it hurts. I have moments when it hurts to breathe.

Sometimes I wish I knew then what I know now. And then I realize that even if I did know then what I know now, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sometimes I feel like the luckiest person alive. I feel like I've been blessed far more than I deserve. And I feel like I take it for granted.

Sometimes I feel like life is really, really hard.
Sometimes I feel like everything is going to be OK.
Sometimes I feel like I am surrounded by the most amazing people and I am extremely lucky.
Sometimes I am a walking contradiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment