Sunday, May 1, 2011

Prayers & Coffee.

I got an email today from a friend asking me how we are surviving with 2 kids. {Davis is now almost 4 months old and Rowen is 21 months old.} She said that she and her husband were thinking about adding another child and she was curious about what it was really like - financially, emotionally, etc.

It's hard. It's a juggling act. We had to learn how to balance the needs of two children with the same amount of time it took to take care for one child. I'm still learning to get up and go on less than 4 hours of sleep. I have to remind myself daily that it won't be like this for long... Before I know it, they will be grown and I will want this time back. I try to take time to really enjoy them and not just try to make it through the day. We buy and drink A LOT of coffee. A lot. Our Keurig gets a lot of use these days. I shower when I can, eat when I can, and sleep when I can.

Financially is the easiest part, honestly. I use coupons. I buy used. Davis wears a lot of Rowen's old clothes. I use Swag Bucks for $5 Amazon gift cards that go towards diapers, baby cereal, baby food, or other "needs". We eat home cooked meals instead of going out. Since having Davis, our expenses have increased about $50 a month.

And, I pray. I pray things like "Dear Lord, please allow my children to sleep. I will do anything. I will cut my left arm off with a dull rusty spoon if that's what it takes." or "Dear Lord, make him stop crying. Please. Please! Please?" or "Bless this house. Bless our children. Bless our family." The type of prayer depends on the day {or night} we've had here in the B house.

If you don't use Swag Bucks, you should! Check it out by clicking on the banner below.


Search & Win





{Disclaimer: I'm not an expert. I'm just a mom with two kids trying to do the best I can. Please do not substitute my advice/opinions for your own}

1 comment:

  1. This is great insight. My second child will be arriving in approx 9 weeks and I wonder about this stuff all of the time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete